You are here: Lamp Post Home »
Homeschool Publisher Index » Switched-On
Schoolhouse 2013 Features and Requirements
Switched-On Schoolhouse 2013 Features and Requirements (Microsoft® Windows®
Use Coupon Code AopHomeEd to save 10% off List Price on Horizons Curriculum
at Lamp Post Homeschool Store.
What is Switched On Schoolhouse™?
is a complete curriculum in CD-ROM format for students who work at the computer.
Based on their LIFEPAC curriculum, this interactive, multimedia learning
environment has been updated with more videos and animations, sound clips, and
approved web links.
Please note that all software purchases are non-returnable
for any reason. Alpha Omega provides excellent tech support.
Switched-On Schoolhouse Curriculum at Lamp Post
New for 2013
- Answer Finder Find answers to tests and quizzes by
linking directly to the lesson.
- Attendance Tracking From your teacher homepage, you can
track student attendance.
- Assignment Alerts Starred assignments alert students to
which assignments are due today.
- Enhanced Teacher Mode In the Lesson Plan Area you will
see scores and assignments that need to be graded. You can view and print
your homeschool student's reading and activity logs by choosing a date
- Recyclable Custom Assignments Create a customized
assignment and use it again and again in the same unit, the same course, or
- Advanced Lesson Planning-Customize and edit quickly.
- Assignment Screens-Student screen shows the assignments.
Parent screen allows editing of the assignments.
- Automatic Grading-About 85% of the assignments are graded
and recorded with the click of the mouse.
- Automatic Curriculum Updates-Course revisions are
automatically updated via internet. Or you can request update CD.
- Bible Translation Options-include choice of KJV or NAS
- Book Reports-for grades 3 to 8 for enrichment.
- Built-in Global Calendar-Customize your calendar to meet
your schedule. (Block out dates for holidays, field trips, etc.)
- Custom Curriculum-Combine, add, remove units and
- Electronic Flash Cards-To build your homeschool
- Historical Timelines-A click on a linked date in the lesson
takes your student to a timeline where the topic is shown on a timeline.
- Individual Weekday Scheduling-Ability to
choose which days of the week a subject will be assigned.
- Instant Audio Feedback-Allows positive reinforcement
immediately when a student answers a question.
- Language Building Games - Moon Match, Vocabulocity, and
- Math Games - Flash cards, math drill games, and
Operantics (to improve mental math skills)
- Message Center-Internal message system between student
- Multimedia and Learning Activities-Extras to reinforce
- Personal Journal-Your student can keep a personal journal.
- Practice Lessons-Teach your student how to use the
Switched-On Schoolhouse program.
- Printing Options-print entire assignments, lessons,
vocabulary lists, problems, and records from your printer.
- Resource Center-Helpful resources.
- Student Mode-Allows student to customize homepage and other
- Text-to-Speech-highlight the text and it is read aloud.
Reading voice options are available.
- Videos-educational videos enhance lessons.
- Zero Out Option-If you need to give a zero grade.
You might want to consider how long you want your student working in front of
a computer monitor. Also, most of the pages can be printed out for reading away
from the computer if you want to furnish a printer, ink, and paper.
I’ve had good feedback from customers who are using Switched On Schoolhouse™
for one or two subjects. They chose subjects that were difficult for them to
teach. One favorite comment is, “It grades the work for you!” My children have
loved the Science and Health Quest.
The type of students who would benefit most from using the
2013 Switched-On 5 Course Curriculum includes the following.
- Homeschool students with extreme allergies (if they can be around a
- Those with special needs who use a computer instead of books (Text
to Speech can help)
- Children of missionaries or parents who travel extensively and
extremely limited storage space. It's very portable with a laptop.
- Techie homeschool students who love "anything computer."
- Older homeschool high school students who need to work independently
most of the time because parents are dealing with life challenges that
reduce teaching time.
Switched-On Schoolhouse Diagnostic Tests
This single kit contains tests to ensure students are properly placed within
SOS Schoolhouse grade levels.
Diagnostic/placement tests on the CD are available in Bible, Math, Science,
Language Arts, and History for grades 3 to 12.
Use Coupon Code
Save 10% Off List Price
on this item.