You are here: Lamp Post Home »
Curriculum » Science Index » Stratton House Homeschool Science Adventures
Stratton House Homeschool Science Adventures
Hands-on science learning kits help make homeschool science fun to learn.
Mini-Review by Harriet Yoder
Yes, you can do all this yourself. Purchase stuff from twenty different stores,
visit your local library, prepare lessons from scratch, and reinvent the wheel.
What busy homeschooling parent has the time to do all that for every subject?
This is a cost effective way to have hands-on homeschool science activities without spending your precious time running your children all over town while you visit stores and scour the library for science ideas (and probably visit the copy machine while you're at it!).
Designed with homeschooling in mind, the Stratton House Home Science Adventure Kits are multilevel for grades 1-8.
There is little or no lesson prep time and all the equipment is in the box! Each Stratton House Science Learning kit comes with a parent guide, a set of reproducible lessons, and all the equipment needed for two children, working together, to do the lessons (except as noted below).
They are recommended for grades 3 through 8. First and second graders will also enjoy them with help from parents or older siblings.
Best of all, these kits were developed by a real homeschooling family, the Strattons!
Astronomy, Birds, and Magnetism Triple Set for Teaching Homeschool Science
Best value! The Triple Set for Astronomy, Birds, and Magnetism has 43
homeschool science lessons full of wonderful activities. By putting three kits in one box and eliminating duplication of equipment, Stratton House saves money and passes that savings on to you.
- Astronomy Adventure Find things in the night sky that you have never seen before. When the weather is cloudy, choose a daytime activity. 16 lessons.
- Discovering Birds Observe birds around your home and do activities on flight and feathers with Discovering Birds. It has 14 lessons.
- Magnetism Adventure This homeschool science adventure covers magnetism from "opposite poles attract" all the way through motors and electromagnets. Magnetism Adventure has 13 lessons.
Grade 1-8. 43 lessons
Microscopic Explorations, Insects, and Light Triple Set for Teaching
Best value! All the homeschool science lessons from: Microscopic Explorations, Discovering Insects, and The Wonders of Light. Enough equipment for several children to share.
- Microscopic Explorations Explore a world too small for the naked eye! Microscopic Explorations comes with one pocket microscope, a set of reproducible lessons; and enough consumable equipment for several
homeschool students. 14 lessons.
- Discovering Insects Bugs without the yuck! Discovering Insects has plastic models, a bug-eye viewer, and other goodies to allow kids to study insects and arachnids indoors, as well as in their natural environment--all without having to touch any bugs. There's enough equipment for several
homeschool science students to share. 12 lessons.
- Wonders of Light From mirrors to rainbows. Polarization to phosphorescence, this Wonders of Light learning kit will take your children through wonders of light they’ve never seen before. There's enough equipment for several
homeschool students to share. 16 lessons.
Grade 1-8. 42 lessons